Genre: Adult, New Adult, Christian, Fiction, Historical, Regency, Romance
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Publication date: August 14, 2018
Wealthy socialite Christine Harrison’s life seems perfect until the man she planned tomarry, Mr. Davenport, proposes to someone else. Heartbroken, Miss Harrison vows never to love again, and to distract herself, she sets out to rescue a fallen young woman. Little does she know that her journey will reveal more than she expected about her friends, her seemingly perfect life, and her own heart.
GOODREADS | AMAZON
About the Author:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | WEBSITE
1. Several of my character’s physical appearance are based on my friends, and I let them choose their character’s name.
2. I wrote the whole story in 1st person first, and then re-wrote it in 3rd person.
3. The font on the cover is the same font I used in my own wedding invitation.
4. The two characters who are sisters have the names Elizabeth (Lizzy) and Christine. My two daughters’ middle names are Elisabeth and Christine.
5. I finished editing the final manuscript 4 days before I had my third child. I told my doctor I couldn’t go early because I had to finish my book!
6. The love stories of Lizzy and Edmund, Christine and William, and Meg and Mr. Grenville are all based on real people’s love stories.
7. The front cover background is an actual beach in England: Cornwall.
8. It took me about 2-3 years from first word to a finished manuscript.
9. Much of the boy drama comes from my years of college roommates and actual connections between different people.
Christine breathed deeply, circling her arms around herself. As she stood among those high, stalwart cliffs, she formed a resolution. Their presence spoke to Christine once more, reminding her that she could change. She could be more steadfast in her desires. She determined then to look outward, toward others, and stop caring about herself and her status in life. She affirmed that day that she did not need high connections to validate her existence. She did not need a man to establish or promote her social standing. And perhaps most importantly, Christine resolved to never again let these base motives stand in her way of real and lasting relationships with the people around her.
Giveaway is subject to policies HERE.
September 17-Encouraging Words from the Tea Queen | Paulette’s Papers
September 18-Mindy Houng (reviewer) | Blooming with Books
September 19-Emily Yager | Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic
September 20-Heidi Reads… | Life Is What It’s Called
September 21-Pause for Tales | Bookworm Lisa
September 22-Jorie Loves A Story