Christmas Fiction – Adult:
· Author: Charles Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol'
· Author: Debbie Macomber,
'Starry Night: A Christmas Novel,' 'Call
Me Mrs. Miracle,' '1225 Christmas Tree Lane,' The Christmas Basket,' 'Merry
& Bright,' 'Dear Santa'
· Author: Shelley Shepard Gray, 'Peace,' 'Christmas in Sugarcreek,' 'An Amish Cinderella,' 'A Christmas Romance--Berlin Bookmobile #3'
· Author: Patricia Johns, 'His Amish Angel' (the second story in a collection titled 'An Amish Second Christmas'
· Author: Tricia Goyer, 'A Christmas Gift for Rose'
· Author: Sandra R. Bricker, 'Once Upon a Jingle Bell' (the first story in a collection titled 'Merry Humbug Christmas')
· Author: Liz Curtis Higgs, 'A Wreath of Snow: A Victorian Christmas Novella'
· Author: William W. Johnstone, 'A Rocky Mountain Christmas', 'A Lone Star Christmas'
· Author: Martha Rogers, 'Christmas at Holly Hill'
· Author: Cindy Woodsmall, 'Christmas in Apple Ridge'—a 3-in-1 story collection.
· Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter, 'Amish White Christmas Pie'
· Author: John Grisham, 'Skipping Christmas'
· Author: Jennifer Beckstrand, 'First Christmas on Huckleberry Hill--Book 10 in 'Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill' series, 'A Perfect Amish Christmas' (the third story in a collection titled, 'An Amish Christmas Quilt')
· Author: Sandra Dallas, 'A Quilt for Christmas'
· Author: Vanetta Chapman, 'A Simple Amish Christmas,' 'A Christmas Prayer (a story in a collection titled, 'An Amish Christmas Wedding')
· Author: Barbara Cameron, 'Annie's Christmas Wish'
· Author: Beth Wiseman, 'Winter Kisses' (a story in a collection titled, 'An Amish Christmas Love')
· Author: Amy Clipston, 'The Christmas Cat' (a story in a collection titled, 'An Amish Christmas Love')
· Author: Lenora Worth, 'Amish Christmas Hideaway'
· Author: Kelly Irvin, 'Cakes & Kisses' novella in the 'An Amish Christmas Bakery' collection
· Author: Cindy Woodsmall, 'A Christmas Haven: An Amish Christmas Romance'
· Author: Jennifer Chiaverini, 'The Christmas Boutique'
· Author: Marta Perry, 'Naomi's Christmas'
Christmas Non-Fiction – Adult:
· Author: Amanda Murphy, 'Modern Holiday' (Christmas sewing projects)
· Author: Ree Drummond, 'The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays'
· Author: Debbie Macomber, 'Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook: Favorite Recipes and Holiday Traditions from My Home to Yours'
· Author: Christiane Bellstedt Arber, 'Scandi Christmas: Over 45 Projects and Quick Ideas for Beautiful Decorations and Gifts'
· Author: Bob Richter, 'A Very Vintage Christmas: Holiday Collecting, Decorating, and Celebrating'
· Author: Country Living Magazine, 'Country Living Christmas Joys: Decorating * Crafts * Recipes'
· Author: Andrew Gant, 'The Carols of Christmas: A Celebration of the Surprising Stories Behind Your Favorite Holiday Songs'
· Author: Southern Living, Inc., 'Southern Living Christmas All Through The South: Casual Food, Decorating, and Entertaining Ideas to Make the Season Merry'
· Author: Stephen Brown, 'Glitterville's Handmade Christmas: A Glittered Guide for Whimsical Crafting'
· Author: Southern Living, Inc., 'Christmas with Southern Living 2022'
· Author: Marrianne Miall, 'The Eco-Christmas Craft Book: 30 Stylish Festive Projects That Won't Hurt the Planet.'
· Authors: Joyce Klynstra, Laura Klynstra, 'Christmas Baking: Festive Cookies, Candies, Cakes, Breads, and Snacks to Bring Comfort and Joy to Your Holiday'
Christmas Non-Fiction for the Entire Family:
· The birth of Jesus as told in the Gospel of Luke (Luke 2: 1-21) in the New Testament of the Holy Bible.
Christmas Fiction – Children:
· Author: Rumer Godden, 'The Story of Holly and Ivy'
· Author: Margery Williams Bianco, 'The Velveteen Rabbit'
· Author: Jim Aylesworth, 'The Gingerbread Man'
· Author: Jan Brett, 'The Gingerbread Baby', 'The 12 Days of Christmas', 'The Gingerbread Man'
· Author: Clement Moore, ''Twas the Night Before Christmas'
· Author: Laura Ingalls Wilder, 'Little House in the Big Woods'
· Author: T.E. McMorrow, 'The Nutcracker in Harlem'
· Author: Susan Jeffers, 'Jingle Bells'
· Author: Daphne Benedis-Grab, 'The Angel Tree'
· Author: Louisa May Alcott, 'Little Women'
· Author: Susan Edwards Richmond, 'Bird Count'
· Author: Chris Barton, 'The Nutcracker Comes to America: How Three Ballet-Loving Brothers Created a Holiday Tradition'
· Author: T.E. McMorrow, 'The Nutcracker in Harlem: A Christmas Holiday Book for Kids'
· Author: Mitali Perkins, 'Between Us and Abuela: A Family Story From the Border'
Connect with June at the social media sites listed in the sidebar on the right of this post!
CARRIE'S RECS FOR ADULTS:
My most recommended Christmas read is An Endless Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti. There is such love and warmth and laughter and friendship in this quick-read novella about a loving family, a misbegotten proposal, and the true meaning of Christmas. Ruchti’s engaging writing voice and sense of humor bring the Binder family to life and make readers feel like we’re right in the middle of the holiday celebration with them. One that will linger in your heart long after you’ve finished reading.
My favorite Christmas romance is The Mistletoe Countess by Pepper Basham. The heroine, Grace, is the most endearing protagonist ever written. Her infectious openness, her imaginative-but-genuine heart, and her endless love of books are a true pleasure to discover on the pages. Add in Freddie's swoonilicious yet wounded soul, a haunting house, and a few mysteries afoot… you enthralled from beginning to end. I loved every word and smiled BIG all the way through.
RECS FOR KIDS:
A recent fave children’s picture book for Christmas is Once Upon the Very First Christmas by country music singer & gentle farmer Rory Feek. He and illustrator Christine Cuddihy have beautifully captured those precious & unpredictable moments that pop up in a children’s Christmas pageant. The bright colors, gentle farm scenes, and even a few chuckles tucked away in the pictures combine with the lyrical lilt of the text and the timeless hope of the Christmas story to make this a book that families will enjoy reading each holiday season!
A classic favorite of mine for kids at Christmas is The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. (Apparently I really enjoy children’s books set around Christmas pageants lol) This comedy of errors, complete with difficult-but-hurting children and life lessons galore, will tug at your heart and your funny bone. What I love most about it is that the Herdman kids strip away the ‘church answers’ (because they don’t know them) and bring the story to the human level, helping us remember that it happened to real people just like us. Adults will love it just as much – maybe even more – than the kids.
🎄 -- Here's a link to Carrie's Christmas Reads flipbook. Check it out! https://heyzine.com/flip-book/d182df4f06.html
🎄 -- Don't miss Carrie's Christmas Reads Giveaway posts on her 'Reading is My SuperPower' Blog: https://readingismysuperpower.org/category/its-beginning-to-look-a-lot-like-christmas-reads-2023/
Reading is My SuperPower: https://readingismysuperpower.org/