~ FRIDAY FICTION FEATURE ~
-- 'SUMMER BY THE TIDES' --
AUTHOR DENISE HUNTER
~Post Includes: Book Spotlight,
Author Bio & Unique Guest Post
Shared by the Author~
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Title: Summer by the Tides
Author: Denise Hunter
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: May 21, 2019
Genre: Inspirational Women's Fiction/Romance
From the bestselling author of The Convenient Groom (now a beloved Hallmark Original movie) comes a heartfelt story of family secrets, forgiveness, and unexpected romance.
Following a painful betrayal, Maddy Monroe's love life is a wreck, and her restaurant career is in shambles. When her grandmother goes missing, she and her estranged sisters converge at the family beach house in Sea Haven, North Carolina. Being with uptight Nora and free-spirited Emma at the place where their family broke apart is a struggle, and undercurrents of jealousy and resentment threaten to pull the sisters under. In the midst of the storm, sparks begin to fly between Maddy and Gram's maddening neighbor, Connor Murphy.
As the sisters pack up the family belongings, memories of idyllic, slow-paced summers are resurrected. But long-buried secrets also come to light as Maddy discovers that all was not as it appeared that last summer in Sea Haven--nor today in the seemingly perfect lives of her sisters.
As family tensions rise and Connor causes tumult in Maddy's heart, the sisters must find a way to accept each other for the women they've become before the bitterness of the past destroys their hope for a future.
GUEST POST SHARED BY THE AUTHOR:
*Eight little-known facts about this book:
1. Summer by the Tides is a stand alone story. Simply pick up the novel and get swept away to a small coastal town in North Carolina. No catching up, no cliffhangers, no waiting for the sequel. Just a satisfying all-in-one read. In fact, if you’ve never read one of my novels, this is a great place to start.
2. Summer by the Tides is a beach read. It was named one of Southern Living‘s “25 Beach Reads Perfect for Summer”. This story has all the necessary ingredients for a summer escape: coastal setting, swoonworthy romance, and long-buried secrets. So whether you’re enjoying a warm, sunny vacation or just curling up on your sofa, this story is sure to get you in the mood for summer.
3. Summer by the Tides pairs a restaurateur with the owner of a marina. Connor has lost his beloved wife, and Maddy has recently weathered a bitter betrayal. But sometimes love strikes when you least expect it. And though sparks fly between the pair, they each need to decide if falling in love again is worth the potential heartbreak.
4. Summer by the Tides combines romance and woman’s fiction. NYT bestselling author Sherryl Woods said, “Hunter writes with a deep understanding of complex family dynamics. A perfect blend of romance and women's fiction." When you read Summer by the Tides, you’ll get the best of both worlds, all while immersing yourself in an environment filled with lapping water and salt-laden breezes.
5. Summer by the Tides explores the complex relationship of sisterhood. An event that happened twenty years ago splintered the Monroe family and caused a rift between the three sisters. This is a heartwarming tale that explores the devastating consequences of family secrets and the healing power of forgiveness.
6. The original idea for Summer by the Tides came from my agent. When we were brainstorming for my next novel my agent suggested a beach story with sisters, and I loved the idea. Before I knew it there was a painful past that led to a years-long estrangement, a current family crisis, and a handsome next-door neighbor.
7. The town is Seahaven was inspired by Southport, NC. If you’ve seen “Safe Haven”, you’ve seen Southport. My husband and I travelled to the town to research my novel, and we fell in love with the little harbor town. I hope to go back someday.
8. Summer by the Harbor went through six drafts. And that’s before it was even turned in. After that it went through an editor, a line editor, three more author drafts, and subsequent proof readers. If there are still mistakes hanging around, it wasn’t for lack of effort!
PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | Christian Book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Denise Hunter is the internationally published bestselling author of more than 25 books, including A December Bride and The Convenient Groom, which have been adapted into original Hallmark Channel movies. She has won The Holt Medallion Award, The Reader's Choice Award, The Carol Award, The Foreword Book of the Year Award, and is a RITA finalist.
When Denise isn't orchestrating love lives on the written page, she enjoys traveling with her family, drinking green tea, and playing drums. Denise makes her home in Indiana where she and her husband are rapidly approaching an empty nest.
CONNECT WITH DENISE: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
*NOTE: This post contains affiliate links.
# # # # #