~ BLOG TOUR STOP ~
-- 'CAST IRON STAKE THROUGH THE HEART' --
AUTHORS JODI RATH & REBECCA GRUBB
~Post Includes: Book Spotlight, Author Bios,
Unique Recipe Shared by the Authors & Giveaway~
Cast Iron Stake Through the Heart (The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series) by Jodi Rath & Rebecca Grubb
About Cast Iron Stake Through the Heart
Cozy Mystery, 4th in Series
Publisher: MYS ED LLC; 1 edition (May 29, 2020) ~200 Pages
On again, off again, ON AGAIN–Jolie Tucker and Mick Meiser are giving their relationship another try. Things seem to be working out for them so far, and love is on the menu all over Leavensport!
An unexpected pregnancy with a surprising partner, a therapist pairs off with the chief of police, and the mayor of Leavensport falls for Jolie’s Aunt Fern!
Although Leavensport is serving up affairs of the heart, there are a lot of mysterious activities lurking in the air. The townspeople awake to find freshly dug empty holes throughout the fields that were recently up for sale under suspicious circumstances. Jolie and Ava believe they are taking a break from solving murders when they start teaching an online cooking course–until they witness one of their students take a stake through the heart!
Welcome to Leavensport, OH, where DEATH takes a DELICIOUS turn!
About Jodi Rath
Moving into her second decade working in education, Jodi Rath has decided to begin a life of crime in her Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series. Her passion for both mysteries and education led her to combine the two to create her business MYS ED, where she splits her time between working as an adjunct for Ohio teachers and creating mischief in her fictional writing. She currently resides in a small, cozy village in Ohio with her husband and her nine cats.
FB Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/authorjodirath Twitter @jodirath
~ * ~
About Rebecca Grubb
Rebecca Grubb utilizes her experience in the high school English classroom and her decades as a bookworm to coach writers and edit fiction and creative non-fiction. She enjoys reading and writing books, particularly mysteries and science fiction. She lives in a small town in Ohio with her husband and the three mischievous children.
~ RECIPE ~
Betsy’s Love at First Sight Triple Chocolate Crunch Cake
****This recipe is taken straight out of Chocolate Caper’s kitchen and is Betsy’s original recipe for Jolie’s birthday cake.
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa high quality
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil canola or coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 1/2 cups Butter softened
- 1 cup Cocoa (if you are a chocoholic like Jolie Tucker—you can increase the amount of cocoa—you’d want to increase the milk and powdered sugar slightly IF you increase the cocoa to keep it from getting too dry.)
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cream Half n Half or Milk
- Toffee candy of your choice—smash it up with a rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. If you have a flour sifter, sift all dry ingredients.
- In mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla for 1 minute. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Pour in hot water and mix together. The batter will be liquidy but that's a good thing -- it will create a moist cake.
- Spray two 9-inch cake pans (cast iron baking pans make cake very moist) with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use three 8-inch cake pans for this recipe. Pour batter evenly into each pan. Bake at 22-27 minutes. Place toothpick or cake tester in the center of the cake to check if it comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
To make Chocolate Buttercream:
- In mixing bowl, cream together Butter, Cocoa, Powdered Sugar, and Cream until light and fluffy. You may want to add more cream or milk depending on consistency. Once the cake has cooled and has been removed from pans, frost each layer with frosting.
- Top with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, sprinkles, M & M's or whatever your heart desires.
- At the end, fold in your toffee or chocolate covered toffee into your chocolate buttercream
*This recipe makes three 8-inch thin layers to two 9-inch thick layers. If you would like to make a thick triple layer cake, 1 1/2 times the recipe and use three 9-inch cake pans.
You can sprinkle some toffee on the top of your cake too after spreading the buttercream. This is one baked good that gets even better the next day if covered. Also, I use Butterfingers candy bars when I make this—I strongly feel that Betsy does the same!
TOUR PARTICIPANTS June 22 – A Chick Who Reads – REVIEW
June 22 – Diane Reviews Books – GUEST POST
June 23 – Baroness' Book Trove – REVIEW
June 23 – I'm All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
June 24 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews - REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
June 24 – Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic – SPOTLIGHT WITH RECIPE
June 25 – MJB Reviewers – SPOTLIGHT
June 25 – Eskimo Princess Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
June 26 – eBook Addicts – REVIEW
June 26 – Celticlady's Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
June 26 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
June 27 – Elizabeth McKenna - Author – SPOTLIGHT
June 27 – Brooke Blogs – CHARACTER GUEST POST
June 27 – Lisa Ks Book Reviews – REVIEW, AUTHOR INTERVIEW
June 28 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
June 28 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW
June 29 – Thoughts in Progress – CHARACTER GUEST POST
June 30 - Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
June 30 - Ascroft, eh? – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
July 1 – Literary Gold – CHARACTER GUEST POST
July 1 – The Self-Rescue Princess – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
July 2 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
July 2 – Christy's Cozy Corners – GUEST POST
July 3 – Cassidy's Bookshelves – GUEST POST
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host? Click Here Find Details and Sign Up Today!