Friday, March 19, 2021

~ WELCOME, SPRING ROBIN'S REWARD SALE ~

 ~ WELCOME, SPRING ~
99¢ E-BOOK SALE
 
--  'ROBIN'S REWARD'  --
A Christian Contemporary Romance Novel
 


This e-book is on sale in the Kindle Store on Amazon from Midnight PDT Friday, March 19th, until Midnight PDT, March 23rd, 2021, for only 99 cents! That's 75% off of the regular price of $3.99.
 
Link to purchase the book is:
 
*******************

People frequently ask me how I come up with the characters, setting, and plot for my novels and novellas. Let's just say I have an extremely active imagination. My creativity began at a young age and has just never slowed down.

Here's a list of some things you might like to know about 'Robin's Reward' -- my Christian contemporary romance novel:

--  The story is set in the coastal mountains of Northern California in the fictional small town of Bonita Creek, right about where you will find Willits, California, on your atlas.

--  I chose the first name of Robin for my main character because I had a close childhood friend named Robin. We met in Sunday School in second grade and continued our friendship until we were in our twenties. We lost track of each other at some point, but I have fond memories of many fun times together sharing secrets, playing, celebrating birthdays together, and having sleepovers at each other's houses.


--  The character in my book, Robin Bennett, loves to garden, cook, read, and walk. Hobbies she shares with her creator. 

--  Robin Bennett cooks and bakes from scratch, just as I like to do. Biscuits, cookies, pies, waffles, potato salad, pizza, spaghetti sauce--all made from scratch. It takes more time, but we feel it's a healthier and tastier way to eat. Besides, we gain a great deal of pleasure from the simple acts of cooking and baking.

--  Robin Bennett's favorite flowers are dahlias. Coincidentally, dahlias are my
favorite flowers, too. The magenta pompom dahlias on the book's cover are Robin Bennett's favorite variety, which she probably chose because they're on the top of my list, too!

Robin's favorite variety of dahlia





--  One of Robin Bennett's favorite places to visit are the botanical gardens on the coast in Mendocino County. This is an unbelievably beautiful 'real' place which opened in the mid-1960s. The Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens in Fort Bragg, California, are an awesome place to walk, view the magnificent Pacific Ocean, and wander around looking at hundreds {if not thousands} of varieties of flowers, trees, shrubs, ground covers, etc. An added bonus for nature lovers such as I, there are a lot of species of birds and insects which grace the gardens in the springtime and summertime.  
 
I love to walk down the path toward the ocean and see a family of California Coastal Quail wander out of the brush and scurry across the path to the other side. They are shy, but beautiful. Here's the link to the Garden's website: 
https://www.gardenbythesea.org/
 

The Dahlia Garden at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens  


 
***Spoiler Alert: Below is a photo I took of the gazebo in the Dahlia Garden at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. This is the site of a very important scene in 'Robin's Reward'! Enough said . . .

This Gazebo in the Dahlia Garden is the location for many summer weddings.

 --  The minister in the story, Reverend White, and his wife, Marian, are based upon a couple who worked with the junior high school youth group at my childhood church. They were kind to us and patient. They were both extremely generous with their time. Dealing with two dozen young teens could not have been easy, but they gave me many lasting memories fun times spent together at our annual ice skating and museum field trips and weekly youth group meetings.

--  A dog named 'Hunter' who plays a small part in the plot was named after a friend's rambunctious, enthusiastic, energetic, lovable Redbone Coonhound. 
 
I hope you've enjoyed getting a glimpse of the meaning behind some of the elements of this book. {Note:  The three photos above were taken by me at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens in 2015.}
 
 *******************
Readers' Reviews of 'Robin's Reward':
 
 ~ "I finished reading 'Robin's Reward' yesterday, and how I enjoyed the story!! Your characters are great. . . . so well defined and interesting. . . . You have done a TERRIFIC job of writing, and I'm anxious to read the next two books. . . . CONGRATULATIONS on writing a beautiful story. I couldn't put the book down once I started reading it!!!" Nancy, a reader from California.

~ " “Robins Reward” is as rich as a triple-layered chocolate cake—every detail meticulously constructed to create a decadent dessert. Ms. Jacobs successfully forms a three-dimensional environment that allows the reader to experience her story." InD'Tale Magazine, June 2015 Issue. Reviewer: Sofia St. Angeles. Read the full review here
 
 ~ ". . . Jacobs did an exceptional job developing Robin’s character and creating the internal dialogue Robin has with herself." Charlie @ Girl of 1000 Wonders.

~ "My thoughts: This is a sweet story of two people trying to connect. It's a great, darling story that is perfect to curl up with on a rainy day . . . I enjoyed the author's novella before this and found that she did a wonderful job writing a full length story!" Amanda @ Inklings & Notions.

~ "This is a clean, sweet Christian romance story. . . . Their romance is not without problems caused by people from her past. Plus we have Robin's insecurity in herself and being able to trust throwing a wrench into things. But true love perseveres! . . . I enjoyed the story and hope that maybe June will write a story about Penny and Jorie and maybe even Doug! There are even parts that made me laugh out loud. " Leslie @ StoreyBook Reviews.
 
# # # # # # # # #
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

~ NEW SEWING PATTERN FABRIC FLOWER TOWELS ~

~ NEW SEWING PATTERN FABRIC FLOWER TOWELS ~