Thursday, February 8, 2024

~ VINTAGE VALENTINES & GIFTS 2024 ~

 💟💝💖💘💗💟💝💖💘💗
 
~ LET'S CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S
DAY WITH VINTAGE
VALENTINES & GIFTS ~ 
 
Image Courtesy of Pixabay




Valentine's Day is coming up in just a few days . . . 

I've always loved Valentine's Day. When I was a teacher it was my favorite day of the school year because it was a pleasure to watch the students think of others by giving out Valentines, candies, and other treats to their classmates—and to their fortunate teacher.

One of the math activities we participated in during February when I taught first grade was a graphing activity suggested by the 'Math Their Way' program. I had a large envelope filled with many different Valentines I'd saved over the years. As I revealed each Valentine card to my students, they voted on what category to place the card in:  Pretty, Funny, or Handmade.

After we had them all sorted, we made a large graph on poster paper with those three categories listed. Each student wrote his/her name on a heart cut-out and glued it in the column (or row) of the type of Valentine he/she liked best. I always chose 'Handmade' as my favorite because I've been creating cards and gifts with paper, paint, glue, fabric, thread, buttons, etc., since I was a young girl.

Here are photos of a few of the vintage Valentines from my collection along with a handmade fabric card I made a few years ago. The sweet red plastic heart pin was given to me when I was a child by one of my neighborhood friends. The pretty pink wooden box with the flower decal and 'For Mrs. JJ' lettering was made for me by one of my students back in the mid-1990s. {Each year my class called me Mrs. J.J. when they learned that my first name was June and figured out that my initials were J.J.}. 

I hope you enjoy seeing these special vintage items. Enjoy!

 

 
This one is my very
favorite!  🠟
 


🠟

This fabric card is one of the projects 
included in my 'Valentine's Day
Cards & Gifts' sewing pattern book.
 
 
💟💝 ~ Wishing each of you a special Valentine's Day 2024! I truly appreciate your interest in reading my blog posts and for submitting your positive comments about my posts. All my best, June ~ 💝💟
 

 💟💝💖💘💗💟💝💖💘💗

4 comments:

  1. What fun valentine cards! They're way better than the ones I saw and gave out as a kid. I enjoyed hearing about how you used valentine cards in projects with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mrs. J.J., I loved having you share your classroom Valentine's Day memories. Beautiful cards and it sounds like your class had fun along with sneaking in a little learning. Thanks for featuring on MMGM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an extra sweet post today. I can't believe your saved so many cards. I can tell the time-frame of many of them. Such a sweet offering today! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet post. You have quite a collection. Thanks for sharing here.

    ReplyDelete

~ NEW SEWING PATTERN FABRIC FLOWER TOWELS ~

~ NEW SEWING PATTERN FABRIC FLOWER TOWELS ~